Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Midnight Queen

The Midnight Queen by Sylvia Izzo Hunter


This post is going to to be short and snappy because I am writing it on my phone. (The laptop died :(  )

This is one of those books that I found during one of the rare occasions that I was able to wander thr library browsing shelves. The book art is cute and caught my eye. I was delighted to find that I really enjoyed this book. It reminded me vaguely of the King Killer books. In part because they are both set at magic school in an era long ago.

What I appreciated most about this book is how the main male and female character are well balanced. What I mean by that: so often in stories either the male or female lead swoops in to "save" the other.  I appreciated that these characters had very different strengths and weaknesses, but worked together to complement and strengthen one another.

One more thing: I didn't realize until now, as I looked up the author name, that this is a series. So I am off to read Lady of Magick.

No comments:

Post a Comment